Thursday, July 3, 2014

2200 Miles to LA (Part 2)

California dreamin

I'm really not sure how I got ready in time to go to the gig, let alone look decent. But, somehow, I did. It wasn't a swanky place, but it was fun. I got to see one of the band members I hadn't seen in a long time, and met the other for the first time. Somewhere during the set, they decided I should sing with my sister. I got up and sang backup for her for Lorde's "Royals." Except it was different; they played up the drums and it had a really rock feel. It. Was. Amazing. It's not like anything I've done before; it was empowering and I felt like a badass.

The next day they had another gig, but I was feeling a bit rough. It also didn't help that it was during the day, but we still had fun and I got a lot of dancing in. By the end of the day, though, I was exhausted. 
Monday was a lazy day by the pool.  We were just hanging out in the evening when I got a text from Soldier. He asked if I wanted to go to Six Flags (or, as I'm told the locals call it, Magic Mountain) the next day. I thought about it for a few minutes, not sure how it would affect my legs. Then I had a moment of "fuck it, why are you even thinking about it?" and told him that it sounded fun. This was also a good opportunity for me...I'd found a stowaway in my bag: his bow tie...I saw this as a good sign. I bought my ticket online and got to bed so I could get enough sleep. 

The next morning we were supposed to meet at 9:30 at the bride's house. The boys were running late, so they changed it to 10. So, I got there at 10 and they were still running late. The good news was that the bride was really cool. This was especially nice since I ended up spending about 40 minutes, just the two of us. At one point we were talking about the wedding and she said "You're coming right? As [Soldier's] date?" I had a combination of surprise and elation, but I'm apparently really good at hiding my feelings. I played cool and said that I assumed not; that he hadn't said anything about it. I apologized to her for the way I acted when we first got there to drop C and K off and I told her that it was weird for me. She kind of shrugged it off and told me that she'd originally thought I was Soldier's girlfriend. Good God, how is he so blind to something the entire rest of the universe sees plain as day?! What an idiot. A wonderful, stupid idiot. 
The boys eventually got there and we sat around for a few minutes. I pulled out his bow tie and he played around with it; I tightened it to see if it would fit. It did and I told him I'd considered putting it on and sending him some pictures. It was just a silly, fun thing. 

The park was a ton of fun. The coasters were insane, and Soldier was flirty again. The guys asked if my sister could get them some...candy...so that was the mission after the park. Well, after a quick stop to get supplies for beer pong. We went back to my sister's and hung out for a bit and had some candy. Then we went back to the bride's to play some beer pong. I did horribly, but Soldier didn't seem to mind. Really, there were a couple of times where I had to consciously stop and remind myself that we weren't together. We also chatted with the father of the bride for a while; he was really nice. When they dropped me off, I had been sitting in the back seat and there was kind of a lot going on...so I just left. I barely said goodbye. 
My sister and her friend were still up when I got home, so I hung out with them. I finally went to bed at like 3:30 in the morning, not really sure how to feel about the whole day. 

Stay tuned for what happens next!


No comments:

Post a Comment